Wednesday, April 22, 2009

2 Month Shots!

I am sure that all moms find immunizations tramatic and I was expecting them to be sad but I had no idea! First of all, the nurse started giving Easton the oral immunization just nice and slow. Easton started to fuss and then spit up everywhere! He was laying down so it was all over him even in his hair. Poor kid! So we got him calmed down and then came the shots. He is normally such a mellow baby that I have not heard him cry like that since birth!

He calmed down once we were home and he could tell daddy all about it until later in the afternoon. Great Grandma Jean was over giving him love and for some reason he remember the tragedy. It was a sad day! On a positive note, he weighs 10 pounds 12 ounces and is 22 3/4 inches long. He is growing perfectly and the jaundice is completely gone so he really is a bronze baby!



5 comments:

  1. It is so traumatic for mommies to take their babies to get shots. It is a sucky part of being a mom and it is awful! Easton will thank you when he's older that he doesn't have polio, measles, mumps, or rubella! By the way, I LOVE the picture of Wow wows in the driver's seat of the Three Hundy. She is so silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always harder on mommy than baby. It is sad but it sounds like you both did great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OUCH! Easton looks like he was tough through shots! I'm so glad I found your blog, you guys are great! Your blog is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had my mom go with me. I was a chicken and I cried. It sounds like you did a great job. Good job mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I had no idea you had your baby already. That went by so FAST. I love the blog! Hope you're enjoying mommyhood. Its just the best thing EVER!

    ReplyDelete